Disclaimer: This is a privately own website which helps you get the best discount on your insurance needs
Oxford Health Plans, a managed healthcare company, offers health insurance plans that primarily cover the New York, New Jersey and Connecticut areas. Oxford Health Plans provide health plans to approximately 1.6 million customers in its service area.
Oxford Health Plans offers several different health plans, including point-of-service plans, the Freedom Plan, traditional HMO (Health Maintenance Organizations), Liberty PlanSM, Medicare, and third-party administration for employer funded plans. All marketing of the various plans is done through the company’s sales force as well as independent health insurance agents and brokers.
The difference between Oxford Health Plans and many other health insurance providers is that Oxford employs a consumer-centered approach to health care. They have a large network of hospitals and doctors, and they offer a wide line of flexible plans. Oxford Health Plans has a good reputation for customer service, and has, in fact, won awards for its dedication to customer satisfaction. In 1998, Oxford’s HMO was recognized as the best health plan in the New York City area. An independent survey by CareData® Reports ranked Oxford Health Plans point of service plan as the best in the New York area.
If you would like to learn more about the Sole Proprietor plans that Oxford Health Plans offers, please refer to the Oxford Sole Proprietor page.
Quotes for Oxford Health Plans are available for New Jersey, as well as New York.
Humana Health InsuranceCoventry
Oxford Health Plans
Oxford Health Plans give you the freedom to choose the doctors you want from a list of Primary Care Physicians (PCP) within the Oxford Health Plans network. Included in all of the Oxford Health Plans is a wide selection of preventative health care programs, as well as other benefits. All of the Oxford Health Plans cover a physical once a year free of charge, plus additional prescription medicine programs.
The Liberty PPO plan from Oxford Health Plans is one insurance plan with deductibles that range from $1,000 to $2,500 for individuals using in-network service providers, and $2,000 to $5,000 for families using in-network services. The copayments for this plan vary from 20-30%.
The Oxford Health Plans offer services through a network of top physicians and more than 200 of the finest hospitals in the coverage area. All laboratory facilities, pediatric preventative care and immunizations are free of charge as long as they are done at facilities within the network.
Oxford Health Plans has specially designed, affordable health insurance plans for sole proprietors with businesses in New York, Kings, Queens, the Bronx, Richmond, Nassau and Suffolk counties. These Oxford Health Plans for sole proprietors of businesses start at just $300 a month and offer coverage through one of the largest networks of doctors and health care facilities in New York.
For companies that just have one employee, Oxford Health Plans are a good deal. Oxford Health Plans are able to offer these small companies the insurance advantages that many big companies have for their employees. The benefit plans offered by Oxford Health Plans are affordable for everyone, and the enrollment process is quick and easy. There are many different options available for sole proprietors, from basic coverage to more expansive coverage.
Oxford Health Plans offer many important plan features, including:
* Routine preventative care and laboratory costs performed within the network at no charge to members, including PCP and OB/GYN is one of the many plan features for Oxford Health Plans.
* Oxford Health Plans has the leading physician network in the tri-state area.
* When outside the service area covered by Oxford Health Plans, members have access to over 450,000 doctors across the U.S. who are a part of the UnitedHealth Care Choice Plus Network.
* Oxford Health Plans offers access to some of the area’s best hospitals, including New York Presbyterian, North Shore/LIJ, Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital and Yale/New Haven.
* Oxford Health Plans does not require referrals for visits to specialists.
* Oxford Health Plans has a preferred relationship with Exante Bank in order to provide quick and easy HAS banking administration.
* Oxford Health Plans members have 24-hour a day 7 days a week to Oxford On-Call, a service that provides healthcare advice and referrals from registered nurses.